Twenty-seven million people worldwide are the victims of modern-day slavery: They are forced into sex or back-breaking labor against their will. Most of the victims lured into this criminal world are innocent children ” maybe even your own. A new documentary, Call + Response, explores the injustices that are taking place in this underground society. These atrocities are not only happening in other parts of the world. Women who were trapped as sex slaves in America share their stories.
Indicators that Someone May be a Victim of Human Trafficking
- The person is not in control of their own ID or passport
- The person is not allowed to speak for themselves
- The person may bear signs of physical abuse, such as branding
- The person is unable to tell you where he or she lives
- The person avoids eye contact
To report a case of human trafficking or to get more information, call the National Human Trafficking Resource Center Hotline, operated by the Polaris Project, at (888) 373-7888(888) 373-7888 FREE.