This is a brief but chewy TED talk that would be good to be taught in kindergarten. But since most of us were not taught the art of conversation when we were young, let’s learn now. After the video box below is a comment I found helpful… a “table of contents” for the video… and an expression of appreciation. This video is definitely worth a careful listen.
1. Don’t multitask. (4:27)
2. Don’t pontificate. (4:50)
3. Use open ended questions. (6:02)
4. Go with the flow. (6:39)
5. If you don’t know, say that you don’t know. (7:26)
6. Don’t equate your experience with theirs. (7:46)
7. Try not to repeat yourself. (8:26)
8. Stay out of the weeds. (8:46)
9. Listen. (9:08)
10. Be brief. (10:29)
Listen. Be prepared to be amazed!
I wanted to summarize because I absolutely love this talk.