- Forbes’ June 7, 2020, article on a Norwegian report that claims to present proof that SARS-CoV-2 is a laboratory creation was almost immediately altered to reflect the opposing view
- The 180-degree turnaround is being justified by citing “scientific consensus on COVID-19” — a consensus that does not exist
- There are many reasons for protecting the narrative that SARS-CoV-2 is of a natural origin. If it is proven to be a lab creation, the public may demand biosafety/biowarfare research into dangerous pathogens be stopped
- Thousands of scientists involved in such research would lose their jobs if funding came to a halt and biosafety level 4 laboratories were to be shut down. Many could also potentially face life in prison for violating the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989
- American scientists and health organizations would also be responsible, and the U.S. doesn’t want to implicate its own agencies in the creation of SARS-CoV-2
If you need further proof that the mainstream media is censoring truthful news, look no further than Forbes’ June 7, 2020, article on a Norwegian report that claims to present proof that SARS-CoV-2 is a laboratory creation.
The article was initially published with the headline “Norway Scientist Claims Report Proves Coronavirus Was Lab-Made.”1,2 Shortly thereafter, that headline was altered to “Controversial Coronavirus Lab Origin Claims Dismissed by Experts.”3
Forbes Pulls a 180
As revealed in the side-by-side screenshots below, the 180-degree turnaround is being justified by citing “scientific consensus on COVID-19” — a consensus that most certainly does not exist as of yet — and evidence showing SARS-CoV-2 is lab-created is being roundly dismissed as “rumor and conspiracy.” If this doesn’t show you just how complicit the media is driving a pre-established narrative, I don’t know what will.
Here’s a sample of the changes. The original article states:4
“The study from Sørensen and British professor Angus Dalgleish show that the coronavirus’s spike protein contains sequences that appear to be artificially inserted. They also highlight the lack of mutation since its discovery, which suggests it was already fully adapted to humans.”
The updated article now reads:5
“The authors of a British-Norwegian vaccine study6,7 — accepted by the Quarterly Review of Biophysics — claim that the coronavirus’s spike protein contains sequences that appear to be artificially inserted.
In their paper, the Norwegian scientist Birger Sørensen and British oncologist Angus Dalgleish claim to have identified ‘inserted sections placed on the SARS-CoV-2 spike surface’ that explains how the virus interacts with cells in the human body. Virologists, however, note that similar sections appear naturally in other viruses.”…