WHO halts hydroxychloroquine trial for coronavirus amid safety fears

The World Health Organization has said it will temporarily drop hydroxychloroquine — the malaria drug Donald Trump said he is taking as a precaution — from its global study into experimental coronavirus treatments after safety concerns.

The WHO’s director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in light of a paper published last week in the Lancet that showed people taking hydroxychloroquine were at higher risk of death and heart problems than those who were not, it would pause the hydroxychloroquine arm of its solidarity global clinical trial.

“The executive group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the solidarity trial while the safety data is reviewed by the data safety monitoring board,” Tedros said on Monday. “The other arms of the trial are continuing,”…

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/25/who-world-health-organization-hydroxychloroquine-trial-trump-coronavirus-safety-fears

I don’t know when the WHO became concerned with safety, especially in the current media-managed crisis where fake safety research is already out in the open.   But I note the lancet study didn’t include zinc, which seems to be an important component of the treatment.   In the absence of zinc the required therapeutic dosage is probably higher.   In other words, it appears to me the WHO was looking for a reason to stop research into it.   It’s not hard to see why.  The wedding of medicine and disaster capitalism is well past the honeymoon.

Hydroxychloroquine Has about 90 Percent Chance of Helping COVID-19 Patients – AAPS

LA Doc Touts Hydroxychloroquine-Zinc Combo: Patients ‘Basically Symptom Free’ In Hours

Highwire: Bombshell: NIH Knew About Hydroxychloroquine

Research Fraud Already Happening in COVID-19 Vaccine Trials

Reminder: WHO Caused Millions of HIV Deaths in Africa

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.