“The greatest danger to the State is independent intellectual criticism.” – Murray N. Rothbard
“Beneath the rule of men entirely great, the pen is mightier than the sword.” – Edward George Bulwer Lytton
- Read Propaganda, by Edward Bernays.
- Read Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury.
- Get rid of your television. Preferably, destroy it.
- Read Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
- Clear your mind. Make a commitment to not use mind-altering substances for 90 days. If you fail, go to an AA meeting and restart the 90 days.
- Read The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve – 5th Edition, by G. Edward Griffin.
- Read 1984, by George Orwell.
- Make your very own set of Fallacy Flash Cards from the list at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
- Hold internet authors accountable by citing fallacies.
- Read The Law, by Frédéric Bastiat.
- Make a list of your natural rights.
- Read The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights.
- Read Animal Farm, by George Orwell.
- To discover who your two senators and one congressman really represent, do a little research at https://www.opensecrets.org/ Make a list of “your representatives” 10 biggest donors and send the lists to your senators and congressperson by email or letter.
- Read War is a Racket, by Smedley D. Butler.
- Read On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society, by Dave Grossman.
- Watch this TED Talk, A radical experiment in empathy, by Sam Richards.
- Read Anatomy of the State, by Murray Rothbard.
This [slightly edited] list was taken from this article at ZeroHedgeFund
Please feel free to share your own recommendations. Simply click “LEAVE A COMMENT” under the title of this article,