Ready for a positive police story? Where will it lead – you decide.
Yesterday, I reported at Natural Blaze that a Gloucester, Massachusetts police department fed up with Big Pharma posted the top 5 CEO salaries and emails online. Their Facebook status erupted with cheers in the comments and many shares. The department bemoaned the city’s drug problem and took aim at Big Pharma’s role in creating addiction through prescription opioid painkillers.
The Big Pharma salaries were as follows:
5. Eli Lilly – John Lechleiter $14.48 million firstname.lastname@example.org 317-276-2000
4. Abbott Labs – Miles D. White $17.7 million email@example.com 847-937-6100
3. Merck – Kenneth C. Frazier $25 million + cool private jet. firstname.lastname@example.org 908-423-1000
2. Johnson & Johnson – Alex Gorsky $20.38 million email@example.com 732-524-0400
1. Pfizer – Ian Read $23.3 million firstname.lastname@example.org 212-573-2323
The department urged people to politely press the CEOs about their companies’ roles in the statistic that 80% of drug addiction starts with “gateway” legal painkillers. Indeed, the FDA just approved opiate use for children even though states where medical marijuana is legal have seen a 25% drop in painkiller deaths. And, a major review last year found that pharmaceutical painkillers cause more deaths than cocaine and heroin combined.
The department’s urging worked…
Read the rest of the story at This Police Department Just Challenged Big Pharma and Won