Congress is pushing legislation right now that would “Fast Track” the Trans-Pacific Partnership—a secretive agreement negotiated behind closed doors by government bureaucrats and more than 600 corporate lobbyists. It threatens everything you care about: democracy, jobs, the environment, and the Internet. [Learn More]
Who else opposes “Fast Track” legislation?
In a word, everyone. Democrats, Republicans, tech companies, unions, libertarians, environmentalists, and Internet freedom advocates all oppose Fast Tracking the TPP. It’s common sense: decisions that affect everyone shouldn’t be made in secret without public input.
Below are blog posts and articles from many organizations who are rallying against Fast Track for the TPP. Read up, share, and get all the facts about what the Trans-Pacific Partnership means for you.
- “7 reasons we don’t want Fast Track trade deals,” AFL-CIO
- “Leaked TPP Text Reveal a Bonanza of Special Rights for Corporations,” Citizens Trade Campaign
- “Trans-Pacific Free Trade Agreement,” Communications Workers of America
- “‘Trade’ Deal Would Elevate Corporations to Equal Status With Nation States”, Public Citizen
- “Congress Must Not Fast Track TPP to Ratification”, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- “Congress Must Vet the TPP”, Teamsters
- “Trans-Pacific Partnership Will Undermine Democracy, Empower Transnational Corporations”,PopularResistance.org
- “TPP: A Fast Track to Internet Censorship?”, OpenMedia
- “Congress: Don’t Put Harmful Trade Pacts on the Fast Track”, Sierra Club